Independent Living Centers: Furthering Olmstead Decision As Cost-Effective Coordinators Of Care
As the health plans prepare for enrollment through Cal MediConnect, which is expected to begin no earlier than the first quarter of 2014, links between plans and communities will be essential. Teixeira remains hopeful SVILC will be well positioned to carry out what he believes was intended by the Olmstead Decision—ensuring access to affordable and beneficial services AND independent living in the community.
"ILCS are part of the crucial fabric for individuals living with disabilities to stay at home and avoid institutionalization," said Teixeira. "I believe the health plans understand this, and the good news is, they are talking to us."
The California State Independent Living Council is an independent state agency which, in cooperation with the California State Department of Rehabilitation, prepares and monitors the State Plan for Independent Living.
SOURCE California State Independent Living Council (SILC)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV