Sen. Rand Paul Tells Leaders To Remember Immigration Reform Is About People, Not Just Policies
"We have to work to improve issues that stem from immigration and education is a big one," said Rev. Carlos Duran, Director of the NHCLC Washington, D.C., Chapter. "For us, immigration has a face and a name. We see the human side of the issue every day in our churches, in communities and at our schools."
The NHCLC believes our nation is on the brink of immigration reform and encourages integration, secured borders and healthy communities. While it believes the Town Hall was a great success, organizational leaders say there is still a lot of work ahead.
"The immigration issue is far from done," said Duran. "We will continue to encourage pastors and church congregations that apathy and silence are not options for the Hispanic Christian church."
The NHCLC is the largest Hispanic Christian organization representing millions of Evangelicals and more than 40,000 U.S. Churches. Seeking to reconcile evangelist Billy Graham's message of salvation with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s march of prophetic activism, the NHCLC emphasizes "7 Directives" of Life, Family, Compassionate Evangelism, Stewardship, Justice, Education and Youth. For additional information, visit http://www.nhclc.org.SOURCE National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV