Governor Corbett To Nominate Stevens For Pennsylvania Supreme Court
HARRISBURG, Pa., June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Governor Tom Corbett today announced that he will nominate Pennsylvania Superior Court President Judge Correale F. Stevens to fill the vacancy on the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
In addition, Corbett will nominate three others to be commissioners of state agencies, including: Tim Holden to the Liquor Control Board, Sean Logan to the Turnpike Commission and Gladys M. Brown to the Public Utility Commission.
"These four individuals reflect the qualities and qualifications that transcend political labels and uniquely suit each one for the positions of public trust for which they have been selected," Corbett said.
Nominations for the Supreme Court, Liquor Control Board and Turnpike Commission require a two-thirds vote in the state Senate. The Public Utility Commission requires a majority vote by the state Senate.Corbett will submit the nominations to the state Senate on Friday. Stevens, of Sugarloaf, Luzerne County, has served as president judge of the state Superior Court since 2011. He has been a member of the Superior Court since 1998. A graduate of Penn State University and the Dickinson School of Law, Stevens served as a judge of Luzerne County Court of Common Pleas, district attorney of Luzerne County, as well as serving four terms as a member of the House of Representatives and solicitor for Hazleton City and Hazleton Authority. Stevens teaches criminal justice and government courses at Penn State-Hazleton, as well as continuing legal education for state and local bar associations. He has received numerous civic awards and was honored by the Dickinson Law School Alumni Association for his service in the judiciary.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV