MIAMI BEACH, Fla., June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Renaissance Hotels, a division of Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR), will cease managing The Eden Roc Renaissance Miami Beach Hotel as of July 11, Marriott announced today. The owner of the property has engaged a new management company. In connection with its departure, Marriott also said that it has filed an Amended Complaint in the pending litigation against the owner, seeking millions of dollars in breach of contract damages. The management agreement permits Renaissance to operate the hotel until the year 2055.
The Renaissance hotel brand has successfully operated the Eden Roc Hotel under a long-term management agreement with Eden Roc, LLLP, which is controlled by Key International, since 2005 and contributed financially to its extensive renovations. During this period, Eden Roc became fully integrated into the global Renaissance Hotels lifestyle brand portfolio.
Marriott International continues to operate and franchise more than 30 hotels across nine brands in the greater Miami area and is committed to Miami as a community and a prime global destination.
SOURCE Marriott International, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV