Sony PS4 more compelling to consumers
For $399, consumers get a powerful console. Users may also get a camera peripheral by adding just $59 more. Specifications for the PS4 are also better than that of the Xbox One. The PS4 has a faster graphics chip and memory. Microsoft wants to make it console capable doing many things simultaneously. For example, watching TV while using Skype might be possible for users.
Sony shares are outperforming that of Microsoft by a wide margin. Much of the gains are due to shareholder activism. There is a call to spin off Sony’s entertainment unit.
Conclusion: Sony won the console battle with Xbox One, because the PS4 will be more powerful, will have fewer restrictions on used games, and will cost less for consumers. Kinect adds features like voice commands, but the additional features essentially raise the console’s price. Written by , Kapitall Contributor
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV