FORT WASHINGTON, Pa., June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nutrisystem, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTRI), a leader in weight loss with more than 40 years of proven effectiveness, announced today that in order to meet growing consumer demand for its Nutrisystem® D® 5-Day Jumpstart Weight Loss Kit, the company has ramped up production and will offer its product in 3,700 Walmart stores by the end of June. Nutrisystem is a national strategic partner of the American Diabetes Association and the Nutrisystem ® D ® plan meets the nutritional guidelines of the American Diabetes Association**.
This new retail program for the Nutrisystem D weight loss kit and its expansion marks important progress in Nutrisystem's overall turnaround plan, led by Chief Executive Officer Dawn Zier, who joined the Company in late 2012. Nutrisystem D 5-day kits were first made available at retail earlier this year in 2,000 Walmart stores, making a renowned diet with proven benefits even more accessible to Americans nationwide.
"A key element of our turnaround plan is to put a renewed focus on product and program innovation. Our Jumpstart kits embody this mandate and we're pleased the kits are resonating with consumers," said Dawn Zier, Nutrisystem's Chief Executive Officer. "We're thrilled to offer our products at the world's largest retailer and we applaud Walmart for all they're doing to help their customers live healthier lives."According to the most recent CDC National Diabetes Fact Sheet, on average, there is a new case of diabetes diagnosed in the U.S. every 17 seconds. Another 79 million, or one in three American adults, have prediabetes, meaning they are at high risk for developing the disease, which kills more Americans than breast cancer and HIV combined, and is a major driver of preventable healthcare costs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV