SPRINGFIELD, Mass., June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select: SWHC), a leader in firearm manufacturing and design, today announced preliminary net sales and earnings per share results for its fiscal 2013 fourth quarter and full year periods ended April 30, 2013.
Preliminary net sales for the fiscal fourth quarter were $179 million, an approximate increase of 38% over the comparable quarter last year. Preliminary GAAP net income from continuing operations is expected to be approximately $0.44 per diluted share compared with net income of $0.27 per diluted share from continuing operations for the comparable quarter last year. The company ended the fiscal year with a cash balance of $100.5 million.
Preliminary net sales for fiscal 2013 year were $588 million, an approximate increase of 43% over fiscal 2012. Preliminary GAAP net income from continuing operations is expected to be approximately $1.22 per diluted share compared with net income of $0.40 per diluted share from continuing operations for the prior year.
The preliminary results provided in this press release take in to consideration all of the expected expenses of the Thompson/Center recall issued by the company today,
June 13, 2013. In addition, the preliminary results provided in this press release are approximate and subject to completion and audit of the company's financial statements in conjunction with the company's Form 10-K Report for the fiscal year ended
April 30, 2013.
Conference Call and Webcast
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV