The store will be served by a free shuttle that will run throughout the neighborhood on a regular schedule.
The remodeled Baldwin Hills Ralphs continues Ralphs' 140-year tradition of serving its shoppers and its community. The first Ralphs opened in Downtown Los Angeles at Sixth and Spring Streets in 1873. In 2007, Ralphs returned to Downtown when it opened the first new supermarket there in 50 years. Each year, Ralphs donates millions of dollars to Southern California charities and supports regional food banks.
Ralphs officials, store associates and local dignitaries will participate in the re-opening ribbon-cutting ceremony. The Dorsey High School drum corps will perform, and other special events include character appearances, product giveaways and samplings and raffle drawings through the weekend.
The celebration will include the presentation of $7,500 in grants from Ralphs to local community partners and schools, including Dorsey High School, Audubon Middle School and Baldwin Hills Elementary School.
Like Us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter
Ralphs invites shoppers to share their Baldwin Hills store shopping experience on Facebook. Visit the Ralphs Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/ralphs. Customers can also follow Ralphs on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ralphs. Fans of the Ralphs Facebook page and followers of Ralphs Twitter account will receive information about weekly specials, sales events, charitable campaigns and more.About Ralphs Ralphs Grocery Company was founded in 1873 and currently operates 240 supermarkets from its headquarters in Los Angeles. Ralphs is a subsidiary of The Kroger Co., (NYSE:KR), one of the nation's largest food retailers, based in Cincinnati, Ohio. For more about Ralphs, please visit our web site at www.ralphs.com. SOURCE Ralphs Grocery Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV