Gary Friedman, Chairman Emeritus, Creator and Curator commented, "Our continued industry leading performance is a reflection of our demonstrated ability to innovate, curate and integrate new products, businesses and experiences. Our Spring Collection, inclusive of our new catalogs, RH Tableware and RH Objects of Curiosity, is performing ahead of our plans. This Fall, we plan to launch two new catalogs, RH Leather and RH Rugs. The new catalogs will include expanded and dominant collections presented in a dramatic and innovative context. As previously announced, this Fall we will also launch RH Contemporary Art, post the Rain Room exhibition at the Museum of Modern Art in New York, with our inaugural exhibition ‘Autonomy’ with existing and newly commissioned artworks by the Rain Room creators, rAndom International, in our new art gallery in the Meatpacking-Chelsea Arts District. We will also launch our immersive new online Contemporary Art platform, as well as an Art Journal."
Mr. Friedman continued, "Also announced today, is our intent to launch two new businesses, RH Kitchen and Tableware and RH Antiquities. RH Kitchen and Tableware provides another logical opportunity for growth as we expand beyond our initial tableware offering and create a curated collection of kitchen furniture, appliances, lighting, cookware, tools, and food. RH Antiquities will provide an opportunity to fill current customer demand with a curated collection of antiques as we enter this $25 billion highly fragmented market. These new businesses will further enhance our brand position and provide meaningful long-term growth opportunities."
First Quarter Fiscal 2013 Financial Results
Revenue - Net revenues for the first quarter of fiscal 2013 increased 38% to $301.3 million from $217.9 million for the first quarter of fiscal 2012. This is on top of an 18% increase in net revenues for the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Comparable store sales increased 41% for the first quarter of fiscal 2013. This growth compares to an increase of 26% in comparable store sales for the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- As of May 4, 2013, the Company operated a total of 70 retail stores, consisting of 62 Galleries, 5 Full Line Design Galleries and 3 Baby & Child Galleries, as well as 14 outlet stores throughout the United States and Canada. This compares to a total of 74 retail stores, consisting of 70 Galleries, 2 Full Line Design Galleries and 2 Baby & Child Galleries, as well as 10 outlet stores open at the end of the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Direct revenues increased 38% to $142.0 million for the first quarter of fiscal 2013. This growth is on top of the 20% increase in direct revenues for the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Net revenues in the range of $375 million to $380 million
- Adjusted net income in the range of $15.7 million to $16.5 million
- Adjusted diluted EPS in the range of $0.40 to $0.42
- Net revenues in the range of $1.47 billion to $1.51 billion
- Adjusted net income in the range of $55.8 million to $58.2 million
- Adjusted diluted EPS in the range of $1.41 to $1.47
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV