The KBW Bank Index (I:BKX) rose 1.4% on Thursday to close at 61.41, with all 24 index components ending the session with gains.
Huntington Bancshares of Columbus, Ohio, has seen its stock return 22% this year, following a 19% return during 2012. The shares trade for 1.3 times their reported March 31 tangible book value of $5.91, and for 11.0 times the consensus 2014 EPS estimate of 70 cents. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is 67 cents.
Based on a quarterly payout of 5 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.59%. Huntington in March announced regulatory approval for its plan for up to $227 million in common share repurchases through the first quarter of 2014.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch analyst Erika Penala rates Huntington a "buy" with an $8.00 price target, and in a note to clients on May 30 wrote that the bank was a solid play on rising long-term rates with a "reasonable" valuation.HBAN data by YCharts
Interested in more on Huntington Bancshares? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV