SEATTLE, June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Horizon Air and the Association of Flight Attendants (AFA) announced today they have reached tentative agreement on a new five-year contract for the carrier's nearly 500 flight attendants.
"This tentative agreement reflects the hard work and cooperation by the negotiating committees for AFA and the company," said Diana Shaw, Horizon Air's vice president of customer service. "By working together, Horizon and AFA were able to create an agreement that recognizes the hard work and excellent customer service our flight attendants provide to our customers and meets the goals of the company."
The proposed contract includes pay raises, quality of life improvements and more flexible scheduling. It still must be presented to union members for review and a ratification vote, which is expected to be completed in mid-July. The current contract was ratified on Dec. 21, 2009 and became amendable on Dec. 21, 2011.
"This agreement reflects the crucial role we have in the overall success of our airline and addresses the issues identified as most important by flight attendants," said Lexie Graham, acting AFA president at Horizon Air.Horizon Air is a subsidiary of Alaska Air Group and flies to 39 cities across the United States, Canada and Mexico. Alaska Airlines, a subsidiary of Alaska Air Group (NYSE: ALK), together with its partner regional airlines, serves 95 cities through an expansive network in Alaska, the Lower 48, Hawaii, Canada and Mexico. Alaska Airlines has ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Traditional Network Carriers" in the J.D. Power and Associates North America Airline Satisfaction Study SM for six consecutive years from 2008 to 2013. For reservations, visit www.alaskaair.com . For more news and information, visit the Alaska Airlines Newsroom at www.alaskaair.com/newsroom. SOURCE Horizon Air
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV