) is making it easier for members affected by the wildfires burning in Colorado to refill prescriptions and access employee assistance and behavioral health programs. The company is also extending claim and appeal filing times, and helping members who have evacuated find care outside their home areas, among other steps.
“Our thoughts are with the people affected by the Colorado wildfires,” said Mark T. Bertolini, Aetna chairman, CEO and president. “Aetna’s committed to helping our members get the care and medications they need, recognizing that many may have evacuated from their homes and are unable to use their usual physicians, pharmacies and hospitals.”
Aetna Behavioral Health has opened its Employee Assistance Program (EAP) resources to all Aetna plan sponsors, regardless of whether or not they are Aetna EAP customers, during these times of need. Aetna’s EAP professionals, who have experience dealing with traumatic events, are available to help. Aetna members can contact Aetna EAP 24/7 for telephonic consultation, referrals or general information such as areas affected by a disaster, available shelters and government resources.
The number to call is
. Individuals and families also may want to reference the following materials.
In addition, Aetna members and health care providers affected by the disaster who need care or other assistance can reach the company at the following toll-free numbers.
* Replacement ID cards and access to a Personal Health Record (PHR) can be found on Aetna Navigator™:
- Aetna Member Services: Call the number printed on your ID card*. If ID card is unavailable, call 1-800-443-AETNA (1-800-443-2386)
- Aetna Specialty Pharmacy Customer Service: 1-866-782-ASRX (1-866-782-2779)
- Aetna Rx Home Delivery Customer Service: 1-888-RX AETNA (1-888-792-3862)
- Aetna Employee Assistance Program: 1-888-AETNA-EAP (1-888-238-6232)
- Aetna Dental: 1-877-238-6200
- Health care providers should contact the Provider Service Centers: - Indemnity and PPO-based benefit plans: 1-888-MD-Aetna (1-888-632-3862) - HMO benefit plans: 1-800-624-0756
Affected Aetna members may refill their prescriptions early, as needed, or refill a prescription that may have been lost, damaged or destroyed. Those who use Aetna’s mail-order pharmacy can receive a prescription at an alternate delivery location.