One final under-$10 name that looks ready to trigger a major breakout trade is Delcath Systems (DCTH), a pharmaceutical and medical device company that focuses on the treatment of primary and metastatic liver cancers. This stock has been crushed by the bears so far in 2013, with shares off by 63%.
If you take a look at the chart for Delcath Systems, you'll notice that this stock gapped down sharply in late April and early May from over $1.40 to its recent low of 38 cents per share with heavy downside volume. Following that move, shares of DCTH have been trending sideways inside of a consolidation chart pattern, with shares moving between 38 cents on the downside and 50 cents on the upside. Shares of DCTH are now starting to move within range of triggering a major breakout trade above the upper-end of its recent sideways chart pattern.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV