One under-$10 name that's quickly moving within range of triggering a major breakout trade is Media General (MEG), a provider of news, information and entertainment across 18 network-affiliated television stations, digital media and mobile platforms, serving consumers and advertisers in strong local markets, primarily in the Southeastern U.S. This stock has been on fire so far in 2013, with shares up sharply by 115%.
Just last week, Media General announced a merger with privately-held Young Broadcasting and Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway said it will hold 5.3% of the new Media General combined company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV