Clear Channel Outdoor (NYSE: CCO), one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world, is launching a social media campaign on June 16 th at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Designed to ignite conversation and debate about realizing creative potential, the campaign will lead to the live creation of the world’s first hand-painted micrography billboard on the Promenade de la Croisette in Cannes, with the mural generated entirely from tweets.
#canvas for creativity is a Twitter-based marketing program designed by Clear Channel Outdoor ( @ccoutdoor) that seeks to spark debate and share the best in creative thought leadership against the backdrop of a global, real-time and increasingly digitally-connected world. Clear Channel Outdoor will be hosting and contributing to the conversation, offering its perspective on each topical discussion as one of the globe’s leading outdoor media owners.
In addition, every day throughout the Cannes Lions festival, CCO is inviting two key industry influencers to lead a debate about a creative topic using their own Twitter feeds, marking the tweet with #canvas. Influencers signed up to the program include Mark Cridge, founder of digital and creative agency Glue. The best tweets from each day’s #canvas debate will be collated and used to create a live, hand painted mural, located in the grounds of Le Grand Hotel in Cannes, 45 Boulevard de la Croisette, 06400 Cannes, France.
Using the artistic form of micrography (the technique of using text to form an image when viewed at a distance, creating an interplay between the text and image), three world class artists will spend up to eight hours a day hand-painting the best comments, perspectives, observations and quotes on to the giant 16m x 4m canvas, with the final mural image emerging throughout the festival week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV