2. As of noon trading, Red Hat ( RHT) is down $1.19 (-2.6%) to $45.21 on average volume Thus far, 1.3 million shares of Red Hat exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $45.10-$46.34 after having opened the day at $46.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.40. Red Hat, Inc. provides open source software solutions primarily to enterprise customers worldwide. The company develops and offers operating system, middleware, virtualization, storage, and cloud technologies. Red Hat has a market cap of $8.8 billion and is part of the computer software & services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 60.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 12.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Red Hat a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Red Hat as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Red Hat Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts