NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Brittany Umar has the mid-morning rundown of what's buzzing on Wall Street this Thursday.
Apple (AAPL) has reportedly sent out orders to its manufacturers for several different models of the iPhone, including multiple colors, a bigger screen and a cheaper version that would retail for $99.
The company is also reportedly working on what the Street has dubbed the "iPhone 5s," which will feature fingerprint technology. However, it remains uncertain as to whether any of these changes will be put into production.
The hashtag feature that was made famous by Twitter has finally found its way to Facebook (FB). Although it won't be a feature for mobile users just yet, it will allow desktop users to see what people around the world are saying about a specific topic or event.Management shakeups continue as Stephen Hester, CEO for the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), tells investors he will be stepping down at the end of year. RBS also announced that up to 2,000 jobs may be slashed due to restructuring efforts. This adds to the 36,000 jobs that have been cut over Hester's five year tenure. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV