Reissuing release to add ticker symbol for searching purposes.
The release reads:
EXPLOSION AT WILLIAMS’ GEISMAR PLANT
This morning, at approximately 8:37 a.m. Central Daylight Time, an explosion occurred within the Williams Geismar olefins plant. At the onset of the incident, Louisiana State Police, Ascension OEP and Iberville OEP were notified. Both Ascension and Iberville OEPs activated their emergency alert systems.We are currently focused on the safety and well-being of our employees, contractors and the local community who are responding to the situation. Emergency shut-down valves have been closed. The unit is isolated. Our emergency-response crews are thoroughly trained to respond to these types of incidents and are diligently performing their work with their first priority being the safety and well-being of people in and around the area. First responders are on the scene and local routes to the plant have been closed by the local authorities. We are in the process of accounting for all personnel. Injuries have been reported, the number and extent of those injuries is not known at this point.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV