Discover "remains compelling to us," because of its diversification into other unsecured loan types, Chittenden wrote, adding "data-dependent analysis and underwriting of unsecured credit to consumers is really DFS's bread and butter."
Oppenheimer estimates Discover will earn $4.79 a share this year, with EPS growing to $5.01 in 2014.
Chittenden expects Discover, over time, to "trade in line with other financial services firms," at a multiple of 11 times forward earnings, supporting his price target.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV