The ACE Group today announced the appointment of Arturo Martínez as Vice President of Surety in Latin America and Director General of ACE Fianzas Monterrey. The second-largest surety writer in Mexico and the third-largest in Latin America, Fianzas Monterrey was acquired by ACE in April of this year. Mr. Martínez will be based in Mexico City and will report to Stephen Haney, Chief Underwriting Officer, Global Surety, in Philadelphia and Marcos Gunn, Chief Operating Officer, Latin America, ACE Group, in Mexico City.
Mr. Martínez will be responsible for the growth and development of ACE’s surety capabilities in the region and will support the continued development of ACE’s global surety offering. With more than 25 years of industry experience, he has served as Director General of Fianzas Monterrey since 2002. Previously, he held leadership roles in commercial insurance, including Director Ejecutivo Comercial for Kemper México, Director Nacional Comercialización for Seguros Monterrey Aetna.
“Arturo’s broad surety expertise in Mexico, combined with ACE’s underwriting talent, established distribution network and extensive customer base in Latin America, provides us with an exceptional platform for extending our surety offerings to a broader range of clients throughout the region,” said Mr. Haney.
Mr. Martínez earned an actuarial degree from Universidad Anáhuac in México City and Master of Business Administration degrees from Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México and IPADE in Mexico City.With more than 200 dedicated surety experts in 11 countries, ACE assists local companies seeking surety bonds in their home markets as well as multinational companies requiring bonds in multiple locations around the world. Supported by this global network, ACE offers a wide range of surety products, including:
- Contract bid, advance payment, performance and maintenance bonds
- VAT and custom bonds
- Bonds to secure payment and legal/regulatory obligations, like environmental bonds
- Bonds to appeal adverse tax related and civil judgments
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV