Reuters, citing four people with knowledge of the matter, reported that Apple is contemplating releasing at least two iPhones next year with bigger screens -- one with a 4.7-inch screen and another with a 5.7-inch screen. According to Reuters, the sources said Apple has sent plans for the new phones to suppliers, but it remains uncertain whether the plans will go into manufacturing. One model, expected to be called the iPhone 5S, is rumored to feature new fingerprint technology. The cheaper model, expected to be encased in plastic, could reportedly sell for $99.
The use of hashtags, which has become so prevalent in social media outlets like Twitter and Instagram, is coming to Facebook (FB).
Now, hashtags can be used to share content on Facebook. When a user clicks on a hashtag, he will be taken to a feed of what other people and pages are saying about a given topic. Users can also search for a specific hashtag in the search bar. Hashtags will still apply to the user's privacy settings.Hashtags have already started rolling out to Facebook's desktop site. It should reach all users within the next few weeks. Mobile users will be able to post a hashtagged phrase, although they won't be able to see a hashtag feed yet.
Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) announced it would cut more jobs in a restructuring of its investment bank. The cuts could reportedly result in up to 2,000 additional jobs lost. The British lender said it plans to focus its markets division on its core fixed income products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV