Securities America hosted its annual conference June 9-12, in Washington, D.C. Focused on the company’s initiatives in the areas of technology, retirement income distribution, business growth and ease of doing business, the conference offered more than 80 educational sessions and attracted nearly 1,000 attendees.
“Now is the time to think ahead about your marketing, revenue growth, technology and people,” President and CEO Jim Nagengast told advisors in his opening remarks. “Thinking ahead is about having vision, about having a spirit of hope and achievement, and cascading it forward. We help you achieve your visions for your practice, your family, your staff and your clients. You in turn help your family, your staff and your clients achieve their visions. And they are paying that forward to the people they touch in their lives.”
Dick Lampen, CEO and president of Securities America’s parent company, Ladenburg Thalmann, said Ladenburg continues to focus on broadening the scope of differentiated products and services we provide our network of independent advisors.
“We are pleased with the positive reception and strong uptake by advisors of the Ladenburg Thalmann programs and services,” Lampen said. “Our mission is to create and support a best of breed and unique platform for our advisors. Ladenburg’s focus for 2013 includes continuing to grow in business in terms of revenue and cash flows, to further improve our platform for our advisors and to continue collaboration between the Ladenburg companies.”Conference keynote speakers included:
- Mike Huckabee, former Arkansas governor and host of The Huckabee Show on the FOX News Channel, shared insights and experiences from the American political system.
- Sanjiv Mirchandani, president of National Financial Services, presented his view on industry trends and changes, and how advisors might look in the future - Advisor 2.0. NFS Research shows team advisors have higher revenue and higher customer satisfaction. He said advisors should consider the virtues of teaming and that successful teams begin with a clear agreement on what happens if a member leaves.
- Dr. David Kelly, chief global strategist and head of the global market insights strategy team for J.P. Morgan Funds, provided valuable perspective on the economy and markets.
- Daniel Pink, a leading sales skills expert and best-selling author whose latest book, To Sell Is Human, discussed advances in the art and science of persuading, influencing and moving others.
- Faith Popcorn, trend forecaster, author and founder of Faith Popcorn’s Brain Reserve, Futurist Marketing Consultancy, shared insights on how advisors can prepare for the transfer of money to women and how to better serve the financial needs of single, non-married households. She suggested male advisors train their wives on how to promote their husband's business to their network of women friends.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV