HOUSTON, June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MetroCorp Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQGM:MCBI) today announced that it has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.02 per share on shares of its common stock. The dividend is payable on July 15, 2013 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on June 28, 2013.
"With the strengthening of the Company's operating condition and the improved economic environment in the markets we serve in the states of Texas and California, we are committed to continue enhancing the return of investment to our shareholders. The reinstatement of the dividend is a first step towards achieving that goal," said George M. Lee, Co-Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of MetroCorp Bancshares, Inc.
MetroCorp Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQGM:MCBI) provides a full range of commercial and consumer banking services through its wholly owned subsidiaries, MetroBank, N.A. and Metro United Bank. The Company has thirteen full-service banking locations in the greater Houston and Dallas, Texas metropolitan areas, and six full-service banking locations in the greater San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco, California metropolitan areas. As of March 31, 2013, the Company had consolidated assets of $1.6 billion. For more information, visit the Company's web site at www.metrobank-na.com.CONTACT: MetroCorp Bancshares, Inc., Houston George M. Lee, Co-Chairman, President and CEO 713-776-3876 SOURCE MetroCorp Bancshares, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV