LIN TV Corp. (“LIN Media”; NYSE: TVL), a local multimedia company, announced today that René LaSpina has been named President and General Manager of WIVB-TV and WNLO-TV in Buffalo, New York, the 52nd largest television market in the U.S.
Ms. LaSpina is an accomplished broadcast executive with 20 years of television station management experience. She joins LIN Media after having spent the last three years as the Vice President and General Manager of WPTY-TV, WLMT-TV and WJKT-TV in Memphis, Tennessee. Prior to that position, she managed television stations in Albany-Schenectady-Troy, New York, Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota and Wilkes-Barre-Scranton, Pennsylvania. Ms. LaSpina has a successful track record of strengthening television stations’ news positions across all platforms, growing ratings and developing innovative sales strategies that drive revenue.
In her new role that is effective immediately, Ms. LaSpina will provide strategic direction, leadership and operational management for WIVB-TV and WNLO-TV. She will report to Jay Howell, LIN Media’s Regional Vice President Television.
In announcing the appointment, Mr. Howell said, “René is a highly strategic and driven broadcast executive that brings an impressive range of sales and local news experience to this position. She also has a genuine, heartfelt commitment to meeting the needs of our viewers and advertisers. We are pleased that she is stepping into the leadership role at WIVB-TV and WNLO-TV.”“I am excited about joining one of the most respected and forward-thinking multimedia companies in the country that has a long history of investing in its products, people and communities,” said Ms. LaSpina. “I am very fond of Buffalo, having lived in New York state for five years, and I am eager to work with the talented staff and management at WIVB-TV and WNLO-TV and achieve new levels of success.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV