SALT LAKE CITY, June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Overstock.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: OSTK) today revealed that according to a survey of their customers, most Father's Day shoppers intend to spend between $10 and $50 this year and prefer buying more practical gifts than in years past.
Also determined by the survey:
- 62% will spend about the same on Father's Day as on Mother's Day, though 18% will spend less;
- 46% will purchase their Father's Day gifts online;
- 35% of those giving Father's Day gifts will give money and gift cards; tools will account for 13%, and books will account for 8%; and
- 24% of fathers expecting a Father's Day gift are hoping for money or gift cards, 7% for tools, and 6% hope for tablet computers.
These results were based on a survey of 400 respondents, conducted by Overstock.com between June 3 and June 10, 2013.About Overstock.com Overstock.com (NASDAQ: OSTK) is an online discount retailer based in Salt Lake City, Utah that sells a broad range of products including furniture, rugs, bedding, electronics, clothing, jewelry and cars. Worldstock.com, a fair trade department dedicated to selling artisan-crafted products from around the world offers additional unique items. Main Street Revolution supports small businesses across the United States by providing them a national customer base. The Nielsen State of the Media: Consumer Usage Report placed Overstock.com among the top five most visited mass merchandiser websites in 2011. The NRF Foundation/American Express 2011 Customer Choice Awards ranked Overstock.com #4 in customer service among all U.S. retailers. Overstock.com sells internationally under the name O.co. Overstock.com ( http://www.overstock.com and http://www.o.co) regularly posts information about the company and other related matters under Investor Relations on its website. Overstock.com®, O.co®, Worldstock Fair Trade® and Club O Rewards® are registered trademarks of Overstock.com, Inc. O.info™, Club O™, Club O Dollars™ and Your Savings Engine™ are trademarks of Overstock.com, Inc. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the survey results, implications of survey accuracy or scientific content. Our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012, which was filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 21, 2013, our Form 10-Q which was filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on April 25, 2013, and our other subsequent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission identify important factors that could cause our actual results to differ materially from those contained in our projections, estimates or forward-looking statements. SOURCE Overstock.com, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV