MENLO PARK, Calif., June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Walgreens, the nation's largest drugstore chain (NYSE: WAG) (Nasdaq: WAG), and Greater Than AIDS, a coalition of public and private sector partners united in response to the domestic AIDS epidemic, are teaming with health departments and local AIDS organizations across the country to provide FREE HIV testing in support of National HIV Testing Day, June 27. Testing locations include nearly 175 Walgreens stores in 54 cities across 22 states. Hundreds of additional Walgreens stores in the participating communities will help publicize the free testing through in-store marketing and other programs. Walgreens will also help promote National HIV Testing Day with special messages on June 27 on its Times Square digital display in New York City, the largest billboard of its kind in the country.
More than 130 state and local health departments and AIDS service organizations are coordinating the testing and providing results on-site at participating Walgreens locations, as well as supporting outreach.
Free HIV tests will be available June 27-28 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., and June 29 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at select Walgreens locations in major metropolitan areas including Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, New York City, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. For more information, including a complete list of participating Walgreens locations, visit www.greaterthan.org/walgreens.
This marks the third consecutive year Walgreens has teamed with Greater Than AIDS and local organizations to help bring free HIV testing to communities. This year, more than three times the number of stores and testing partners are participating compared to 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV