Survey: Customer Service Statistics 2013 - Consumers Prefer Small Business' Service But Aren't Always Willing To Pay For It, Says CreditDonkey.com Survey
LOS ANGELES, June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- When it comes to providing excellent customer service, big is definitely not better, according to the majority of respondents who participated in a new survey by credit card comparison and financial education site CreditDonkey.com. In almost all customer-satisfaction categories, consumers are more content with the efforts of small businesses than those of big companies.
Survey Results: http://www.creditdonkey.com/customer-service-2013.html
However, better service does not trump lower prices. Just over 52 percent of respondents are more likely choose a lower price over better service – a choice that tends to fall in the favor of larger businesses that can take advantage of economies of scale."The survey results should serve as a wake-up call for companies of every size," said CreditDonkey founder Charles Tran. "In this high-tech, fast-paced era, people want companies to respond to their concerns and questions with personalized service. Over 80% of our respondents said they have not bought something because they weren't happy with the customer service they were getting." While 94.3 percent of respondents said their customer service experiences with small companies meets or exceeds expectations, the rate of satisfaction fell to 64.1 percent when respondents were asked about their experiences with big businesses. Consumers also said that small businesses do a better job than big businesses of:
- Anticipating their needs: 71 percent to 41.8 percent
- Anticipating their problems: 63.9 percent to 33.8 percent
- Consistently saying "thank you": 96.9 percent to 80.8 percent
- Following up: 68 percent to 30.5 percent
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV