Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBST) today announced the appointment of Dr. Lorianne Masuoka to Chief Medical Officer and Senior Vice President, Clinical Development and Medical Affairs.
In this role, Dr. Masuoka will lead the strategy, development and implementation of Cubist’s global clinical programs, while overseeing Clinical Research, Medical Affairs, Clinical Operations, Biostatistics, Data Management, and Pharmacovigilance. She will also serve as a member of Cubist’s executive team.
Dr. Masuoka brings to Cubist more than 25 years of global medical and development experience, including as Senior Vice President/Chief Medical Officer at Nektar Therapeutics; Vice President, Clinical Development at Fiveprime Therapeutics; and Director, Clinical Development at Chiron. In addition, she held senior clinical positions at Schering, AG and Berlex Laboratories.
“Dr. Masuoka brings to Cubist a great blend of medical and scientific leadership, diversity of therapeutic area experience, and global management skills,” said Steven Gilman, Ph.D., Executive Vice President of Research and Development and Chief Scientific Officer of Cubist Pharmaceuticals. “She is a terrific addition to the Cubist team, and we’re very excited to have her join us as we drive towards our Building Blocks of Growth long-term goals.”Dr. Masuoka received her medical degree from University of California, Davis, where she also completed her residency in neurology. She completed her fellowship at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut. About Cubist Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the research, development, and commercialization of pharmaceutical products that address significant unmet medical needs in the acute care environment. Cubist is headquartered in Lexington, Mass. Additional information can be found at Cubist’s web site at www.cubist.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV