There's no question that 2013 has been a good year for Wells Fargo ( WFC). Year-to-date, shares of the big bank are up 18%. But it could be getting even better for investors.
That's because Wells is currently forming an ascending triangle pattern, a bullish setup that's formed by a horizontal resistance level above shares and uptrending support to the downside. Essentially, as WFC bounces in between those two technical price levels, it's getting squeezed closer and closer to a breakout above resistance at $41.50. When the breakout happens, we have our buy signal.The financial sector, and Wells Fargo in particular, has shown outsized relative strength over the course of the last month and change. From a statistical perspective, positive relative strength trends tend to signal outperformance over the next three to ten months. That bodes well for Wells Fargo owners right now. Don't be early on this trade. Wait for $41.50 to get taken out before jumping in.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV