DALLAS, June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN), in collaboration with Hitex Development Tools, introduces the new SafeTI™ Hitex Safety Kit, enabling developers to evaluate SafeTI components for use in their designs requiring compliance to functional safety standards such as ISO26262 and IEC 61508. The state-of-the-art kit provides an example system with capabilities for hardware fault injection, application and run-time profiling of fault diagnostics and system response monitoring in real-time.
The SafeTI Hitex Safety Kit enables customers to easily evaluate performance of SafeTI components for use in their safety-critical designs. The cost-effective hardware platform allows customers to evaluate the individual TI hardware components, either Hercules™ TMS570LS31x microcontrollers (MCUs) or RM48x MCUs and TPS65381-Q1 power management integrated circuit (PMIC) – with TI's Hercules SafeTI Diagnostic Library.
Features and benefits of the SafeTI Hitex Safety Kit:
- Enables customers to evaluate SafeTI components for potential use in designs requiring functional safety and targeting compliance to functional safety standards such as IEC 61508 and ISO 26262.
- Integrates key capabilities for fault injection, application of diagnostics, reaction monitoring and run-time profiling of fault diagnostic routines for the example system.
- Provides a demo software application which can be used as a starting point for evaluating TI Hercules MCU and PMIC combination chipset.
- Offers a user-friendly, host-based graphical-user interface (GUI) that provides capability to inject faults, apply diagnostics, profile run-time of fault diagnostics, time-stamp system response and set configurations; and communicates with the development board to request status information enabling visualization of system response timing.
- Includes a second MCU on the evaluation board, which acts as test control and monitor unit, and manages communication with the GUI.
- Includes an on-board JTAG emulator, accelerometer, CAN transceiver, LCD module, temperature sensor and host/debug interface with a USB HUB controller and a serial communication port converter.
- Utilizes an industry-standard DIMM form factor with 100-pin connector footprint for plugging into select TI motor control kits.
- Supports use of select non-TI third-party debug tools with a 20-pin external JTAG header for further design flexibility.
- Includes user-friendly documentation including a quick-start tutorial, user's guide, hardware schematics, and documentation for the diagnostic library to help ease evaluation and kit use.
- Provides easy-to-use SafeTI Hercules software framework, which makes it easy to start development of safety-critical applications using SafeTI components. The SafeTI software framework includes:
- HALCoGen, a GUI-based code-generation tool
- SafeTI Hercules Diagnostic Library, offering a simple interface and a framework for enabling safety diagnostics/features recommended by the safety manuals of the Hercules MCU and the TPS65381-Q1 PMIC.
- Evaluation version of SAFE RTOS® from Wittenstein High Integrity Systems.
- Includes well-documented source code for the demo application, the monitoring application and the diagnostic library.
- Provides latest version of TI's Eclipse-based Code Composer Studio™ IDE for use with the emulator.
- $499 for the Hercules RM48x MCU-based SafeTI Hitex Safety Kit for medical and industrial designs.
- $499 for the Hercules TMS570LS31x MCU-based SafeTI Hitex Safety Kit for automotive and transportation designs.
- TI's SafeTI web page: www.ti.com/herc-hitex-pr-lp5
- Hercules MCUs: www.ti.com/herc-hitex-pr-lp3
- Hitex Development Tools: www.ti.com/herc-hitex-pr-lp4
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV