- DISH Offer is in Best Interest of Class A Stockholders
- Files Schedule 14D-9 with SEC Recommending Stockholders Tender Their Shares Pursuant to DISH Tender Offer
- Changes Recommendation to Against $3.40 Per Share Sprint Merger
- Company Plans to Adjourn Special Meeting of Stockholders; Rescheduled Meeting to be Held June 24, 2013
BELLEVUE, Wash., June 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Clearwire Corporation (Nasdaq:CLWR) ("Clearwire" or the "Company") today announced that its board of directors, based on the unanimous recommendation of the Special Committee consisting of independent, non-Sprint-affiliated directors, has unanimously recommended that stockholders accept and tender into DISH Network Corporation's (Nasdaq:DISH) ("DISH") cash tender offer to acquire all outstanding common shares of Clearwire at the previously announced price of $4.40 per share. The DISH tender offer has been amended and now is currently set to expire at 12:00 midnight, Eastern time, at the end of July 2, 2013, unless extended or terminated in accordance with the terms and conditions of the offer. The Company's board of directors, also based on the unanimous recommendation of the Special Committee, also unanimously recommended that stockholders now vote against the $3.40 per share Sprint merger and related matters.
The DISH tender offer is subject to various conditions, including the tender of more than 25% of the fully diluted voting stock in Clearwire and the expiration of the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act.
Pursuant to the discretionary authority granted to the chairman of the meeting by Clearwire's bylaws, the Company plans to adjourn its Special Meeting of Stockholders, which is currently scheduled to be held at 10:30 a.m. Pacific time on Thursday, June 13, 2013, without conducting any business. The Company plans to reconvene the Special Meeting of Stockholders on Monday, June 24 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific time at the Kirkland Performing Arts Center, 350 Kirkland Avenue, Kirkland, Washington, 98033. The record date for stockholders entitled to vote at the Special Meeting remains April 2, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV