What Makes A Good Father, Son, Brother And Man?
OMAHA, Neb., June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Much like Justice Potter Smith's interpretation of pornography: "I know it when I see it." The same can be said for what it means to be a good father, son, brother and man. In TV sportscaster Kevin Walsh's latest book, The Perfect Catch: Fishing, Family and Friendship, you'll know it when you read it.
Upon the book's release, The Perfect Catch held the #1 spot in "Hot New Releases" on Amazon in the Family Relationships/Siblings category. The issue of male bonding, or the lack of it in society and families, is explored through Walsh's relationships with his two adult brothers and elderly father. For much of their lives, the men they were, and the men they wished to be for each other were not in sync. No question they loved each other, but the willingness to make themselves vulnerable to express that love was "too uncomfortable." They were "too macho" for that.
Then came the summons of a father who wanted to see his sons together again for what might be the last time. It's during a rugged fly fishing trip that past wounds, admissions of failures, forgiveness of sins and promises for a better future are reeled in; each is every bit as perfect as their father's final catch—a monster steelhead trout.If you ever wanted to have that profound conversation with someone who's had an indelible influence on your life, here's your roadmap. If you've already traveled that path, here's your validation. The Perfect Catch isn't just a book for men, it's for mankind, and Kevin Walsh is the perfect man to tell the story. As a sportscaster, he's covered the greatest and bravest athletes in the world. But to hear him tell it, there is nothing more courageous than an average man stepping up and being the man his family, friends, and he himself wish him to be. Kevin is donating 10% of sales to the One Fund Boston. "We're all still hurting after the Boston marathon bombings and a lot of people will need help for a long time. This will help," Kevin says. Author Kevin Walsh can discuss:
- The erosion of male bonding and how it makes the so-called stronger sex the weaker one, leading to greater incidence of illness and loneliness.
- Why men fail to have the meaningful friendships that women often do
- How to bravely admit past failures and start to rebuild relationships
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV