HOUSTON, June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MetroCorp Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQGM:MCBI) announced today that the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency has lifted its Formal Agreement with MetroBank, N.A. effective June 12, 2013.
"The lifting of the Formal Agreement reflects unwavering focus and commitment by MetroBank's management and the board of directors to improve credit quality, loan administration practices, risk management, and earnings. We are pleased with this important milestone, and with our strong platform, we look forward to future growth and opportunities," said George M. Lee, Co-Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Metrocorp Bancshares, Inc.
MetroCorp Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQGM:MCBI) provides a full range of commercial and consumer banking services through its wholly owned subsidiaries, MetroBank, N.A. and Metro United Bank. The Company has thirteen full-service banking locations in the greater Houston, and Dallas, Texas metropolitan areas, and six full-service banking locations in the greater San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco, California metropolitan areas. As of March 31, 2013, the Company had consolidated assets of $1.6 billion. For more information, visit the Company's web site at www.metrobank-na.com.CONTACT: MetroCorp Bancshares, Inc., Houston George M. Lee, Co-Chairman, President and CEO 713-776-3876 SOURCE MetroCorp Bancshares
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV