Emerging Markets Under Pressure on Interest Rate Expectations; U.S. Relatively Stable
|TOP WEEKLY INDEX MOVERS (+ / -- )|
|TOP 5 EQUITY INDEXES:||6/5/13 - 6/11/13|
|NASDAQ EMERGING MARKETS INDEX (NQEM)||-4.8%|
|NASDAQ CHINA INDEX (NQCN)||-4.3%|
|NASDAQ EM EUROPE INDEX (NQEMEU)||-4.0%|
|NASDAQ ASPA INDEX (NQASPA)||-2.4%|
|NASDAQ BIOTECHNOLOGY INDEX (NBI)||+2.3%|
|TOP 5 COMMODITY INDEXES:||6/5/13 - 6/11/13|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY NATURAL GAS INDEX ER (NQCINGER)||-6.8%|
|PHLX GOLD/SILVER SECTOR INDEX (XAU)||-5.4%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY INDUSTRIAL METALS INDEX ER (NQCIIMER)||-4.8%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY SILVER INDEX ER (NQCISIER)||-3.3%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY LEAN HOGS INDEX ER (NQCILHER)||+3.0%|
- The NASDAQ China Index (NQCN) dipped 4.3% with Asia in focus after a sharp rally in the yen. Japanese equities have been rallying year-to-date on the new growth/reform strategy outlined by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, but have seen recent sharp declines as investors showed their disappointment with the Bank of Japan's lack of additional easing measures. The NASDAQ ASPA Index (NQASPA), which includes securities in countries located in Asia Pacific, fell 2.4% over the past five trading days.
- The NASDAQ Biotechnology Index (NBI) rebounded from last week's losses, gaining 2.3% in the past five trading days and over 30% year-to-date.
- The NASDAQ Internet Index (QNET) rose 2.1% following renewed investor interest.
- Natural Gas has hit its lowest level since mid-March, as mild weather forecasts continued to weigh on demand expectations for the fuel. The NASDAQ Commodity Natural Gas Index ER (NQCISIER) fell by 6.8% this past week.
- The PHLX Gold/Silver Sector Index (XAU) declined 5.4% on subdued inflation expectations.
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACTS: Nick Lawler Intermarket Communications (212) 754-5613 email@example.com Chauntez Wilson Intermarket Communications (212) 754-5415 firstname.lastname@example.org Wayne Lee NASDAQ OMX (301) 978-4875 Wayne.email@example.com