MCLEAN, Va., June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) broadcasting won five 2013 National Edward R. Murrow awards. The Edward R. Murrow awards have been honoring outstanding achievements in electronic journalism since 1971 and are sponsored by the Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA).
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
- Television: Large Market, Feature Reporting – Neighborhood of Love
- Television: Large Market, Writing – Boyd Huppert
- Television: Large Market, News Series – From Hell and Back: The Lydia Tillman Story
- Television: Large Market, Newscast – Aurora Theater Shooting
St. Petersburg, FL
- Television: Large Market, Sports Reporting – Soccer Safety Ignored
"Gannett strives to produce quality journalism that makes a difference in the communities we serve. Winning five National Edward R. Murrow awards, to go along with the 45 regional awards we won earlier this year, is an honor and a testament to the terrific journalism being done every day in our local communities. We congratulate KARE-TV, KUSA-TV and WTSP-TV for their outstanding, award-winning work," said Gracia Martore, president and CEO of Gannett.
About Gannett Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120103/PH28972LOGO ) SOURCE Gannett Co., Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV