MCLEAN, Va., June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) broadcasting won five 2013 National Edward R. Murrow awards. The Edward R. Murrow awards have been honoring outstanding achievements in electronic journalism since 1971 and are sponsored by the Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA).
- KARE-TV, Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
- Television: Large Market, Feature Reporting – Neighborhood of Love
- Television: Large Market, Writing – Boyd Huppert
- KUSA-TV, Denver, CO
- Television: Large Market, News Series – From Hell and Back: The Lydia Tillman Story
- Television: Large Market, Newscast – Aurora Theater Shooting
- WTSP-TV, Tampa- St. Petersburg, FL
- Television: Large Market, Sports Reporting – Soccer Safety Ignored
"Gannett strives to produce quality journalism that makes a difference in the communities we serve. Winning five National Edward R. Murrow awards, to go along with the 45 regional awards we won earlier this year, is an honor and a testament to the terrific journalism being done every day in our local communities. We congratulate KARE-TV, KUSA-TV and WTSP-TV for their outstanding, award-winning work," said Gracia Martore, president and CEO of Gannett.
About Gannett Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120103/PH28972LOGO ) SOURCE Gannett Co., Inc.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts