Given the dramatic change to lululemon's competitive landscape over the past five years, it's possible that the company will try to grab an executive from up-and-coming competitors, like Gap's (GPS) Athleta or sporting rivals like Under Armour (UA) that are increasingly focusing on yoga wear, suggests Motley Fool contributor Andrew Marder.
Another issue for lululemon is that it still has to fill several other executive positions at the same time as finding a new CEO. These include head of product design, logistics and supply chain positions.
"We do believe that these searches will continue to be conducted and that Christine Day and the board can still fill them without waiting for the CEO
-- Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York.Follow @LKulikowski To contact Laurie Kulikowski, send an email to: Laurie.Kulikowski@thestreet.com. >To submit a news tip, email: email@example.com.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV