HOUSTON, TEXAS, June 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Halcón Resources Corporation (NYSE: HK) ("Halcón" or the "Company") today announced that it has commenced, subject to market conditions, an underwritten public offering of $300 million of the Company's Series A Cumulative Perpetual Convertible Preferred Stock. Halcón intends to grant the underwriters for the offering a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional $45 million in additional shares to cover over-allotments, if any.
The Company intends to use the net proceeds from the offering to repay a portion of its outstanding borrowings under its senior secured revolving credit facility.
J.P. Morgan and Barclays are acting as joint book-running managers in connection with this offering.The offering will be made only by means of a prospectus, forming a part of Halcón's effective shelf registration statement, related prospectus supplement and other related documents. You may obtain these documents for free by visiting EDGAR on the Securities and Exchange Commission website at www.sec.gov . Additionally, copies of the preliminary prospectus supplement may be obtained from:
- J.P. Morgan Securities LLC c/o Broadridge Financial Solutions, 1155 Long Island Ave., Edgewood, New York 11717, or by calling (866) 803-9204; or
- Barclays Capital Inc. c/o Broadridge Financial Solutions, 1155 Long Island Ave., Edgewood, New York 11717, or by email at email@example.com, or by calling (888) 603-5847.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV