Bank Of Oak Ridge President And CEO Ron Black Named Chairman Of The Board For The North Carolina Bankers Association
OAK RIDGE, N.C., June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- During the 177 th Annual Meeting of the North Carolina Bankers Association (NCBA), Bank of Oak Ridge President and CEO Ron Black was named Chairman of the Board of Directors. With more than 40 years of banking industry experience, Black has served as President and CEO of Bank of Oak Ridge (NASDAQ: BKOR) since the bank's founding in April 2000.
A life-long resident of North Carolina, Black was raised in Asheville, and received his B.S. degree in business administration from Western Carolina University in Cullowhee and his M.S. degree in business and economics from Appalachian State University in Boone. In addition, he is a graduate of the North Carolina Bank Directors' College.
"We look forward to the leadership of Ron Black. He is a true banking professional. Having spent his entire career in this great business, Ron has experienced all that goes on within a large bank having been with Wachovia. Plus, he has had the unique experience of starting his own community bank," remarked Thad Woodard, President & CEO of the NCBA. "The talents he has derived from both experiences have led him to great success at Bank of Oak Ridge. We look forward to his guidance as the 118th Chairman."
"It is an honor to serve as the Chairman of one of the most highly respected banking trade associations in this country," said Black. "The NCBA has a rich history of doing outstanding work and making a significant difference in the lives of everyday people, as well as fighting for things that make our industry stronger."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV