3 Stocks Underperforming Today In The Metals & Mining Industry
1. As of noon trading, ArcelorMittal ( MT) is down $0.23 (-1.9%) to $11.86 on average volume Thus far, 4.3 million shares of ArcelorMittal exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $11.85-$12.11 after having opened the day at $12.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.09. ArcelorMittal, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an integrated steel and mining company worldwide. The company operates through six segments: Flat Carbon Americas; Flat Carbon Europe; Long Carbon Americas and Europe; Asia, Africa, and CIS; Distribution Solutions; and Mining. ArcelorMittal has a market cap of $19.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are down 30.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate ArcelorMittal a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates ArcelorMittal as a hold. The company's strongest point has been its a solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have looked at. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Get the full ArcelorMittal Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the metals & mining industry could consider SPDR S&P Metals & Mining ETF ( XME) while those bearish on the metals & mining industry could consider PowerShares DB Base Metals Sht ETN ( BOS). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts