2. As of noon trading, BP ( BP) is down $0.34 (-0.8%) to $42.75 on average volume Thus far, 2.1 million shares of BP exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $42.74-$43.37 after having opened the day at $43.34 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.09. BP p.l.c. provides fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to engines, and petrochemicals products. BP has a market cap of $137.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 432.8, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate BP a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates BP as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Get the full BP Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts