3 Energy Stocks Nudging The Industry Higher
2. As of noon trading, Spectra Energy ( SE) is up $3.02 (9.98) to $33.34 on heavy volume Thus far, 12.9 million shares of Spectra Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $32.90-$33.96 after having opened the day at $33.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.32. Spectra Energy Corp, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates a portfolio of natural gas-related energy assets in North America. The company's U.S. Spectra Energy has a market cap of $20.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.5, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 10.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Spectra Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Spectra Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Spectra Energy Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts