NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Debra Borchardt and Chris Ciaccia met to discuss where Apple (AAPL) is headed, since its developer conference failed to shed any light on some of the company's bigger secrets.
While nothing revolutionary was uncovered, Ciaccia said that he was impressed with what he saw. We all expected some form of streaming music and Apple delivered, revealing iRadio, which took its toll on shares of Pandora (P) leading into the event.
The new iOS 7 has Jony Ive written all over it, according to Ciaccia and is "a nice refresh. It's something that we needed to see from Apple," he said.
The new Macbook Air has very impressive battery life and innovation still appears to exist at Apple with the leak of the new Macbook Pro, which should be available later this year.However, Wall Street seemed somewhat unimpressed with what Apple was working on. Ciaccia was quick to reassure investors that the stock tends to run higher into the WWDC event and then selloff afterward. In the most recent conference call, CEO Tim Cook was mum on any new products. However, he did say that the company plans to announce them in the fall of 2013 and throughout 2014. Apple's next event is planned for September and Ciaccia expects a new iPhone along with a new iPad. He thinks what people have been calling the "iWatch" might be revealed, too, but thinks 2014 is more realistic. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @traderboy23
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV