Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Invest in "best of breed" stocks at an early age and your money will grow beyond your expectations, Jim Cramer told a live audience of his "Mad Money" TV show Thursday.
Kicking off his annual "Family Affair" episode, Cramer revisited his kid-friendly portfolio of five stocks that parents should be buying for their kids.
Cramer noted that while his kid-friendly stocks have handily outperformed the markets, rising 140% versus just 83% for the S&P 500, it's time to make a few changes to the household names that every kid would recognize.Cramer said he's still bullish on Walt Disney (DIS) because that company continues to outperform in everything from movies to theme parks to its ESPN franchise. He said he's also sticking with McDonald's (MCD) as that chain reinvents its menu to meet changing appetites around the globe. Toymaker Hasbro (HAS) is not making the cut, however. Cramer said a stock like Whole Foods (WFM) not only offers more growth, but also makes kids aware of healthy eating right from the start. Another stock not making the grade was Nike (NKE), a company that Cramer said had too much China exposure. Instead, Cramer advised swapping into Gap Stores (GPS), the retailer that has turned itself around to great results. Finally, there's Apple (AAPL), a stock Cramer owns for his charitable trust,
An Rx for Rite Aid InvestorsCramer had some sobering words for investors in Rite Aid (RAD), our nation's number three drugstore chain. He said after the stock's monster 132% rally since the beginning of the year, it's now time to declare victory and put that money to work in a better chain, CVS Caremark (CVS).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV