I could go on and on, but the simple fact is that this isn't the end of the world. We just have to accept the portrayal of it for the moment. Which brings me, full circle, to what I wrote at the beginning: You have to take the beat-down, because you don't know how long it will last or whether it will be as devastating as presumed. In other words, despite Tepper's disappearance from the scene, I think he will turn out to be right after some initial turmoil.
But you have to accept that, right now, at this very moment, he is viewed as a total Pollyanna.
I am betting that's wrong. That's a minority bet, but I am stuck with the havoc being created right now by conventional wisdom before I can be freed by its aftermath.
So is everybody else.The choice for the beat-down is yours. It may be worth taking, too, even as that seems to be ludicrous for everyone except for those who have been right all along so far. Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, has no positions in the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV