PEORIA, Ill., June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE: CAT) voted today to raise the quarterly cash dividend by eight cents to sixty cents ($0.60) per share of common stock, payable August 20, 2013, to stockholders of record at the close of business, July 22, 2013.
"Growing dividends through the business cycle is important, and this 15 percent increase, along with the $1 billion accelerated stock repurchase that we announced in April, support our commitment to deliver superior stockholder returns," said Caterpillar Chairman and CEO Doug Oberhelman.
"Our long dividend history, starting in 1925, is a great reminder of Caterpillar's enduring role in developing and manufacturing products and services that helped build the infrastructure of the modern world. We have a great track record and with our strong balance sheet and financial strength, we are looking forward to seeing our customers play a role in the continued development and the improvement of the lives of people around the world for decades to come," Oberhelman added.
The $0.60 dividend is an increase of 15 percent over the previous rate of $0.52 per share.About Caterpillar:For more than 85 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. With 2012 sales and revenues of $65.875 billion, Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company also is a leading services provider through Caterpillar Financial Services, Caterpillar Remanufacturing Services and Progress Rail Services. More information is available at: http://www.caterpillar.com .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV