Along those lines, I think it's misguided to fear that the government's involvement will do long-lasting damage to the industry. I don't believe that will be the case. These companies still have the capabilities to provide opportunities for a wide range of Americans to build careers. To that end, if the government can curb some abuse with stricter policies, I think it's a good thing.
Likewise, as with good teachers with high expectations, good investors should dive head first into these stocks. If my suspicions are correct, in four years, several of these for-profit names, especially DeVry and Apollo, will graduate at the head of their class.
At the time of publication, the author held no position in any of the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV