Apollo Group (APOL) ($21.69) is poised for a technical rally given daily closes above the 200-day simple moving average at $21.04. This stock peaked at $98.01 in June 2004, and has struggled since then. Apollo traded as low as $15.98 on March 4, and the weekly chart profile stays positive on a close this week above the five-week modified moving average at $21.45. My semiannual value level is $9.88 with a weekly pivot at $21.41 and quarterly risky level at $24.23.
Career Education (CECO) ($3.04) needs to have a daily close above its 200-day SMA at $3.16 to gather technical momentum. This stock at $3 should be considered an option on survival. Career Education peaked at $70.91 in April 2004, and traded as low as $2.03 on April 22. The weekly chart profile stays positive on a close this week above the five-week MMA at $2.81. My monthly value level is $2.26 with a weekly pivot at $3.26 and annual risky level at $3.55.
Corinthian Colleges (COCO) ($2.64) is above its 200-day SMA at $2.34. This stock is trading below $3, and so it too is an option on survival. Corinthian peaked at $36.19 in April 2004, and traded as low as $1.40 on Oct. 3, 2011. The weekly chart profile stays positive on a close this week above the five-week MMA at $2.41. My monthly value level is $2.34 with a weekly pivot at $2.79 and semiannual risky level at $4.81.
Capella Education (CPLA) ($45.44) is well above its 200-day SMA at $32.78. Capella peaked at $98.01 in April 2010, and traded as low as $25.81 on July 31, 2012. The weekly chart profile is positive but overbought with the five-week MMA at $40.30 with the 200-week SMA at $50.98. My semiannual value level is $41.75 with a semiannual pivot at $47.65 and weekly risky level at $51.80.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV