Oil and gas supermajor Chevron ( CVX) is another cash-rich company to buy in 2013. As the No. 2 oil company in the U.S., Chevron produces around 2.6 million barrels of oil equivalent each day -- and sports proven reserves of 11.3 billion barrels. I'd argue that Chevron currently has the most attractive financial standing of any major oil firm right now. While the industry is hugely capital intense, CVX actually sports a net cash position of $3.2 billion on its balance sheet right now.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. To see these value-centric names in action, check out the Cash Rich Buys Summer 2013 portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV