STOCKHOLM, and NEWTON, Mass., June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ambient Corporation (NASDAQ:AMBT), provider of a secure, flexible, and scalable communications and applications platform, today announced that it has joined the G3-PLC Alliance to further the aims of the international alliance alongside other key stakeholders of the smart grid ecosystem.
"We are proud to become a member of the G3-PLC Alliance," commented John J. Joyce, President and CEO of Ambient Corporation. "G3-PLC is a promising powerline communications standard, and as a provider of a flexible communications and applications platform, we need to embrace and support the key standards for the smart grid. Our roadmap is to support and integrate more protocols within our platform and this is the latest stage in that continuing development to offer choice to our utility customers."
"The G3-PLC Alliance is pleased that Ambient Corporation, a leader in smart grid communications technology for utilities, has selected the G3-PLC ITU standard to be added to its platform. It is a new recognition by the smart industry of the G3-PLC high level features," said Jean Vigneron, General Secretary, G3-PLC Alliance.Ambient Corporation helps utilities modernize the grid with IP-based networking products and applications that integrate and connect existing and future grid assets on a secure, flexible, and scalable smart grid communications platform. Ambient's Smart Grid Node family enables real-time data communication for multiple applications, in parallel: smart metering, distributed generation and storage, demand response, and distribution automation. Please contact Ambient for additional information regarding the communications protocols and technologies supported by the Ambient Smart Grid ® communications and applications platform, or visit us at CIRED 2013 in Stockholm, Sweden, at booth #E:15, June 10-13. About Ambient Corporation Ambient designs, develops and sells the Ambient Smart Grid ® communications and applications platform. The Ambient Smart Grid products and services include communications nodes; a network management system, AmbientNMS ® ; integrated applications; and maintenance and consulting services. Using open standards-based technologies along with in-depth industry experience, Ambient provides utilities with solutions for smart grid initiatives. Headquartered in Newton, MA, Ambient is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: AMBT). More information on Ambient is available at www.ambientcorp.com. About G3-PLC G3-PLC is a global, open powerline communication protocol specifically designed for smart grid communications and recently standardized by the ITU. It enables smart meter management, control and monitoring of the electrical distribution network, energy management, electric vehicle charging, lighting control and other smart grid applications. The key objectives of the G3-PLC Alliance are to certify the compliance of new G3-PLC products to the specifications, to insure their interoperability, and to help manufacturers and end users to develop and use the G3-PLC technology efficiently. The G3-PLC specification is designed to operate in 10-490 kHz frequency bands and is compliant with CENELEC, FCC and ARIB regulatory bodies. It was designed to meet the following requirements:
- Robustness: communications profile suited to operate in severe noisy environments such as low-voltage lines, long-range communications in medium-voltage lines.
- Performance: bi-directional digital communications with data rates up to 300 Kbps
- Simplicity: simple to implement, install (Plug-and-Play), operate and maintain
- Security: it offers a safe environment using an AES-128 cryptography engine
- Scalability: Supports IPv6 for new internet-based energy management systems and applications for utilities and DSO's to better manage their assets on the grid.
- Cost: Long range communication and reliable data transmission reduces the number of repeaters. Plug-and-Play architecture and intelligent mesh networking reduces installation time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV