SANTA MONICA, Calif., and VANCOUVER, B.C., June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ron Schwartz, a 20-year veteran of Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF) and its predecessor companies, has been promoted to President and General Manager of Lionsgate Home Entertainment Sales and Distribution, the Company announced today.
The promotion recognizes Mr. Schwartz's ongoing leadership role in growing the Company's $1 billion-a-year home entertainment operations as they continue to build momentum following the most successful year in their history.
Led by the blockbusters HUNGER GAMES and THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN – PART 1, two of the three biggest home entertainment releases in the industry last year, Lionsgate achieved nearly 10% market share in calendar 2012, ranking among the top five home entertainment distributors. The Company is off to a fast start in calendar 2013 as well, driven by releases such as THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN – PART 2, one of the biggest home entertainment titles of the year to date.During Mr. Schwartz's tenure, Lionsgate's 15,000-title library has achieved eight consecutive years of revenue growth. He recently helped orchestrate the Company's distribution deal with A&E Network, adding thousands of titles to the Lionsgate library. Lionsgate's digital and on demand revenues also grew by 46% last year to a record $270 million, and the Company is widely recognized as an innovator in delivering content to digital and traditional platforms alike. Mr. Schwartz is also a key member of the team that acquires films, in conjunction with sister company Roadside Attractions, for Lionsgate's growing specialty theatrical business. The Lionsgate/Roadside Attractions partnership has already acquired and released such critically acclaimed and commercially successful films as WINTER's BONE, THE COVE, FRIENDS WITH KIDS and the day-and-date theatrical/VOD successes ARBITRAGE and MARGIN CALL.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV